Get your sparklers ready and your burgers on the grill! We love the Fourth of July, the patriotic spirit it delivers and the time we get to relax with our families. Here’s an easy treat you can make that’ll impress your family and friends at this year’s poolside party.
Red, White and Blue Gelatin Parfait
2 (3) ounce packages red gelatin
2 (3) ounce packages blue gelatin
1 (8) ounce tub whipped cream OR aerosol whipped cream
8-10 plastic cups or glasses
Red, white and blue sprinkles (optional)
1. Prepare gelatin according to package directions.
2. Refrigerate in 8 inch square baking pans until firm (about 4 hours).
3. Cut red gelatin into circles using glasses (like a cookie cutter) and layer on the bottom of the glass.
4. Add a layer of whipped cream.
5. Repeat Step 3 with blue gelatin.
6. Add a dollop of whipped cream to the top along with sprinkles if you choose…then serve with a spoon and enjoy! This should make around 8 to 10 servings, depending on the amount of gelatin you use in each layer.
We hope this recipe brightens up your holiday! Don’t forget to wrap up your day with Mount Dora’s annual fireworks show and activities, starting 5 pm at Elizabeth Evans Park and Simpson Cove.