Warm spring Florida weather is here, and what better way to relax than jump into a nice cool pool? If you have a pool it's important to keep in mind these key safety tips to make sure your family stays safe all spring and summer long.
- Step 1: Keep an eye on your children when they are around your pool.
- Step 2: Teach your children how to swim or how to stay afloat if they fall in.
- Step 3: Keep children away from pool drains or pipes.
- Step 4: Keep your cell phone close by so if there is an emergency you can get help quickly.
- Step 5: If your child is missing look for them in the pool or spa first.
- Step 6: Install a fence, alarm system, or lockable safety cover if you have young children.
- Step 7: Share your safety rules with your family and any pool guests.
If you want to go a step further have a pool safety toolkit handy:
- A first aid kit.
- A pair of scissors to cut hair, clothing or a pool cover.
- A cell phone to call 91.
- A flotation device.
Following these pool safety steps will ensure a fun and safe pool experience for your friends and family this spring!